Monday, November 07, 2005

crazy in life

well hello folks.

first post on good ole' nz soil.
lifes been pretty cool since i've been back, but i've also had plenty of moments where i wish i was still in cambodia.
it hasn't been too hard to adjust to being home, but i think i'm gonna try and live a little more simply and seek to serve the Lord more in my own community.

todays 'hope this doesn't happen to you moment'.

walked in to work, and my boss was overly excited about my trip and was asking questions about everything for atleast 40mins, untill he dropped the bomb.

carl - we're afraid you've been made redundant.
nice, it was kind of a combination of factors, the majority of which was that my position is more administration focused then design, which they only just realised and of course my lack of practical experience, or is that 'piratical' nato?
in some ways its cool cause i get replaced by a full timer and a part timer, so i musta been doing a little bit of work?
so yeah, got one week to get stuff up to date and then 3 weeks pay after that.
i mean i'm not too suprised, cause for various reasons i've had 5 weeks off work in my first 3 months there. that's not really a good start in anybody's books.

so yeah, Rejoice in the Lord always!
I guess now i have a little time to figure out what i really want to do with my life.
A missionary life is looking more and more tempting.

in other news - thaks to tanya for taming my mullet last night and for good times with the duthie homie. good to see you again bro. keep rocking in the akl.

and thanks alana for the voice mail - if i had my wits about me i would have recorded you some sounds from the worship at the orphan camp. totally awesome. 'sum sok praya - hallelujah - hey!'

all good in the hood.

take care all - your favourite whit eboy

carl.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrrr...
Tis a shame, tis a shame. I wish ye the best in yer search for antoher job

4:55 pm  
Blogger Scotty said...

Sorry man. :(

8:55 am  
Blogger carl said...

yeah for sure.
seeing as my cellphone was switched off in cambodia - but yeah, it was 'like' totally awesome.

thanks bud. friends indeed make life so much more fun. cheers chick.

2:33 pm  
Blogger Anita said...

Sounds funny- legally they can't make you redundant only your position. Shouldn't have anything to do with your skills or time off.

Anyway sorry to hear about it! Rejoicing in your attitude- it is cool.

3:45 pm  
Blogger carl said...

yeah, it was my position they made redundant. so no complaints.

just gotta keep rocking. yea-uh!

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home