Monday, May 01, 2006

blacker

oops i did it again / i offended a friend
hurt someone i love / with words that were rough
so now i've lost their trust / i think i've had enough

look at all this drama i've caused / i've tried to express remorse
of course i'm sorry, i said, of course / the pain wrenches at me with brute force

O Lord can't you just press rewind? / back to a time when i was kind
just 1 minute, that'd be fine / back before i started this rhyme
cause right now i've lost your light / lost in a nasty fight
dark like shadows in the night / like what a man sees with no sight.

sometimes i feel
black like the sky when jesus died
black like the nightmares i've survivied
black like the heart of you and i
right now i really need your light

how come Lord when faced with choices tonight?
choices between No.2 wrong and No.1 right
guess in which choice i delight?
yeah the wrong one, yeah that's right

why O Lord, can you tell me why?
in my saviour do i deny?
please Lord would you hear my cry?
i want you to consume my life
have mercy on my soul
fix your truth upon my eyes

so theres a battle going on with my heart and my head
why can't i just have peace instead?
my head wants what's good, but my desire wants fed
like a roving beast looking for its next meal
i guess what i'm trying to say, is what i just said

sometimes i feel
black like the sky when jesus died
black like the nightmares i've survived
black like the heart of you and i
right now i really need your light

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u write that? Awesome! i am web browsing on my phone. This world is crazy!

10:37 am  
Blogger Priscilla said...

awesome stuff! keep up the good work :)

5:17 pm  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Hey Weeman... welcome back to the Land of Auck.

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home